Did you know more than 75% of the marketers invest in influencer marketing? Various platforms provide the opportunity to choose and connect with a famous personality on the network to promote brand identity. YouTube also offers influencer marketing, which can help users increase brand recognition, boost viewer count on videos, get higher engagement, drive more sales and improve traffic on websites. You can also Buy Real YouTube Views to make your viewer count go up. Here is a simple guideline on how influencer marketing on YouTube works.
Having Goals and Objectives
When launching influencer campaigns on YouTube, often marketers do not have clear goals and objectives in mind, or their only objective is to receive certain views and interactions. To generate a positive return on investment, the campaign needs to have a well thought out strategy and objectives as well as practically defined KPIs, that are metrics to indicate if the campaign can achieve the objectives. This will enable the marketers to make better decisions and strategies to meet the ultimate goal. The most common objectives include sales play campaign, brand awareness and brand channel growth.
Also Read: YouTube Marketing Trends For 2018
Choosing an Influencer
Choosing and connecting an influencer can be a challenging process, especially considering a campaign’s success depends on it. A common mistake that most marketers make is that they pick their influencers based on the channel’s subscriber count. However, YouTube can provide you plenty of data on video watching habits and viewers and the analytics can help you dig deep and find out the best quality talent for your brand. When choosing an influencer, there are five key aspects that need to be analyzed.
- Consistency: It analyzes how often the channel shares meaningful content by taking note of the various channel performance metrics for different videos.
- Engagement: This measures how active are the viewers in interacting with the content using number of total views and interactions.
- Influence: This indicates if the channel can stimulate action and guarantee growth by calculating how the content is shared externally and if the viewers are turning into subscribers.
- Reach: It looks at the average number of views on a video during a defined time duration.
- Relevance: This identifies if the influencer’s audience will be interested in your content or not, using audience overlap and keywords.
Don’t Control the Influencers
Some marketers treat influencer as actors and editorial content as video ads, without realizing how shortsighted it is to fake authenticity. However, researches have shown that the more authentic a content is, the better users react to it. As a result, brands can get better engagement, greater reach and hence, stronger campaign results. On the other hand, over-controlled campaigns can lower reach and result into a wall of negative sentiment from your YouTube audience. Once a user feels like the content is irrelevant or inauthentic, the will tell more people about it and consequently, this can hurt the brand reputation. You should let the talent run the show. Influencers are quite knowledgeable of how to mention your brand naturally and get a good response.
Connecting through Agencies
Following the increase in the popularity of YouTube influencers, there has also been an increase in agencies that assist brands with campaigns. However, there are some hidden pitfalls in contacting with an agency:
- Limited Access: an agency can only access the talent within the network, which may not be suitable for the brand’s needs.
- Lack of Connection: the level of personal connection needed between a brand and an influencer is sometimes underestimated. By building strong relationship with a brand, the influencer can understand its values and speak on its behalf. But this strong relationship and a solid connection is impossible to achieve through a third-party.
- Lack of Niche Understanding: a large number of agencies assist brands that fall within multiple industries and do not entirely understand that significance of particular brand. Whereas, ideally, both talent and video content should be chosen by considering industry specific aspects.
Although it is not recommended, but if you are working with agencies, make sure to evaluate and compare the emerging costs with delivered value.