Contests are a fun and easy way to engage your Twitter audience, get new followers as well as capture new leads for the business. Another way to get new followers is to Buy Real Twitter Followers. Twitter Contest is a method of giving followers and customers a chance to win some prize in exchange for signing up and sharing about it with their friends.
Prize and Entry Method
The most important part of your contest is the prize that will encourage users to participate. It is a major factor that impacts your audience’s choice to enter the contest. A gift card is considered as the best prize for your business as it is enticing to a larger number of users. If you give away a certain product or service, it will only attract a limited number of users who are interested in that product. Moreover, a gift card can also convert entrants into customers, as they will be having an interest in your products.
Once the prize is decided, the next step is to decide the entry method. Twitter provides two methods to participate in a contest; email-only entry and Twitter Connect entry. The email-only entry method requires entrants to input their email addresses and other information in a form. Whereas, Twitter Connect method need a 3rd party application where users key in their email addresses and connect with the application.
Also Read: How To Increase Engagement On Twitter?
The entry page for the contest needs to be exciting yet simple; while it should get users excited about the contest and prize, it must be easy for users to enter. Here are six elements that you need to work on for a perfect contest entry page:
- Title: for an attention-grabbing title, you can use a phrase as a call-to-action, such as “Enter to Win an $60 Gift Card!”. The title needs to be simple but informative; it should tell who is running the contest and what the prize is.
- Graphics: include an image of the prize to motivate users to participate. If you are only gifting a gift card, use a picture with the value of the gift card mentioned as text, along with products that users can buy with it.
- Details: add a small paragraph that tells the details of the prize, how to enter the contest as well as rules and regulations for the contest.
- Entry Form: this consists of an email address box and a button to “Enter Contest”. If needed, you can also add custom fields, like age, city, etc. to obtain for information.
Promoting and Sharing
The next step is to let a broader audience know about your contest, by sharing and promoting it. The simplest way is tweet about your contest. Create a simple tweet mentioning the contest, prize and the action users need to take to enter the contest. However, only a small percentage of your Twitter followers may see the tweet, which is why you need to consider the following methods:
- Email your customer email lists
- Share it on other social media networks
- Put up a banner on your website
- Create a targeted Twitter Ad
- List the contest on contesting websites
Monitoring Your Contest
Before starting a contest on Twitter, you must have certain expectations regarding what you intend to achieve from it. Your objectives can vary depending on the need; for instance, some brands run contest to get more followers and increase brand awareness, while others aim to get more traffic and leads. If you are clear about the objectives, it will be easier to monitor the contest and determine how well you are doing. There are two ways to track how the contest is performing on Twitter.
The first is to monitor all relevant retweets, hashtags and mentions on Twitter. If you are using a custom hashtag in your contest title or in the sharing message, it will be a lot easier to track the number of users tweeting about the contest by searching for the hashtag. Another method is to set up Google Alerts that monitors the mentions of your Twitter contest across the entire web.