The best way to target users on social media based on specific demographic information so that they can see your brand in their feeds in social media advertising. While it sounds quite simple, it is actually a bit tricky to advertise and get the best results. Pushing paid content in front of random users is not going to perform at all. In fact, you need to be strategic in how you spend your money, choose your content, frequently target and select the audience demographics.
Identify the Objectives
Going for paid advertisements without knowing what you aim to achieve is a waste of time and money. It is not only important to identify the advertising goals and objectives, but also list them according to priorities, where you target the best one first. Every brand has a different goal; while some businesses might want to promote their e-book or an upcoming webinar, others may simply want to increase their reach and boost up the follower count. On a side note, did you know you can Buy Real Instagram Followers and instantly amplify the follower count? Since it could be challenging for the novice, here are five common advertising goals to help you identify and brainstorm yours.
- Increase Engagement: this is for increasing the engagement metrics, such as shares, likes, comments and retweets. It is a good objective if you are looking to get more conversions.
- Increase Lead Generation: this is for brand that want to promote gated content or other resources that can make users more invested in your brand. It is a good way to bring prospects into your funnel.
- Increase Sales: this is for boosting sales, determining product interest and promoting deals or discount offers. The objective is mostly used when launching new products.
- Increase Traffic: this objective is for brands looking to ger more eyes on their website, blog or landing page. It increases the total number of unique visitors and pageviews. This goal is perfect for you if you want to promote a new website, product or brand.
- Increase Visibility: this is for brand awareness campaigns where you aim to maximize reach and impressions. Higher awareness results in more purchases, recognition and loyal customers.
Have a Specific Funnel
Often advertisers forget to develop a marketing funnel from prospecting users to making a purchase online or in stores. There is a three-layered funnel that can help get ad viewers turn into customers. The layers include:
- Awareness: the first objective is to attract various users from those who do not know your brand to those who are highly interested in your products. This will bring in multiple users of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Consideration: this phase helps target the relevant the individual user’s behavior. You need to identify the group they belong to, such as former customer, new customer, potential sale etc., and retarget each group differently to avoid being repetitive with the ads.
- Transaction: as the most cautious layer, this includes setting up ads that give one last push. For those users who are converted, avoid targeting them with sales-driven content.
Keep Testing and Refreshing
Regardless of the platform you are advertising on and the goals you are focusing at, it is crucial to continuously monitor and regularly keep track of ad performance. This also helps in improving and refreshing the ads. Refreshing ads is essential to keep the audience engaged and get the attention of your targeted audience. Here are some ways to refresh your ads:
- Keep a check on the impact of your words, phrases and calls to action on the audience. Be confident in your copy and make sure you include the best text that could go with the campaign.
- Work on your creatives. Do you use illustrations or photos for your ad image? Test both variations to see which receives a better response. You may underestimate the power of creatives, but simple design changes could mean the difference.
- Lastly, check your landing page to make sure the ads are successfully pushed through the funnel. Often marketers bottleneck the funnel with poorly designed landing pages.