If you are a marketer, you must have noticed that your organic content does not have the reach on social media anymore. In fact, research shows that Facebook posts from brand pages experiences a 20% decline in engagement since last year. This is why a majority of marketers invest in paid advertising on social media. You can run advertising campaigns on social media to create brand awareness, increase follower count, boost website traffic, improve post engagement and generate leads. Also, you can Buy Real Instagram Followers to increase follower count. So, here is how you start with social media advertising.
Choosing the Platform
The first step of advertising on social media is to choose the platforms where you are most likely to find your target audience and achieve your marketing objectives. There are various benefits of using one network over the other, but you need to understand that each business has its own reasons to have a presence on certain platforms. So how do you decide which platform is best for your business? Here are some key questions to answer:
- Which channel will perform well organically?
- Does the channel’s demographics match your brand?
- Does your target audience actively engage on the network?
To make it easier for you to answer the above questions and pick a platform, here is a small description of the major social networks:
- Facebook: The platform has plenty of options for ad formats, which makes it perfect for business-to-consumer campaigns. Also, its ability to make scaleable audiences makes it great for B2B marketing. With Facebook ads, you can know more about audience and uncover potential customers using awareness and social reach campaigns.
- Instagram: The ads on Instagram are ideal for increasing web traffic sales and driving awareness. The visual nature of the platform gets users to engage more with the content, which makes it perfect for showing off products in the best light for B2C conversions.
- Twitter: The network has various advertising options that enable brands to get more followers for a product launch. Twitter ads are best for generating awareness and driving clicks to your website.
- Snapchat: The B2C network works great for pure engagement metrics, particularly for younger audiences. You can use Snapchat’s sponsored filters and lenses to get users to have fun, engage and promote your product. Awareness and visibility are high markers for Snapchat ads.
- LinkedIn: The platform has very specific demographics, which makes it great for B2B interactions. LinkedIn campaigns can be used to gain visibility, boost website traffic and generate leads.
Targeting the Audience
As easy as it may seem, choosing the right audience for your ad campaign is not an easy task. Whether you are a pro at social ads or just getting started, you have to find a middle ground with your targeting. For those who are just starting, Facebook is an excellent platform to start with as it gives you great introductory space to work on the core audience. You can use various targeting features, including custom audience, interest targeting, lookalike audience etc. This enables brands to target users solely based on their interests and the content they like and share on their timelines. In addition to this, you can also use Audience Behaviors feature that helps narrow down users who have certain intents such as purchasing behaviors or traveling intentions. Choosing the right audience is an essential step that directly impacts how well the campaign goals are achieved.
Setting the Bid
This is the least talked-about, yet highly significant, topic when it comes to advertising on social media. When you have put so much effort on your advertising strategy, you do not want to waste your work with poor bidding. Often marketers make the mistake of either overpaying or severely limiting their audience with low bids. They key is to find the right balance and optimize your social bidding strategy to be competitive while being money conscious. Set your bids to a minimum in the beginning and keep in mind that your campaign may not get receive enough views for the limited bids. However, this does not mean that you should avoid bidding higher amounts.