With more than 2.2 billion monthly active users, Facebook has become the largest social media network today. It is an excellent platform for brands to connect with their prospects, being one of the most profitable marketing networks today. Brands can create pages that their fans can like and interact with their existing and potential customers. In case you want to get likes for your page, you can Buy Real Facebook Likes. However, it is not easy to run a Facebook page and often, brands tend to make mistakes. Hence, here are some common mistakes that you should avoid to become a successive marketer.
Being Over Promotional
Although the whole purpose of creating a page on Facebook is to promote your brand and products or services, this should not be your primary focus when creating content to post on the page. You need to see things from the audience’s perspective; they would not want to have ads plastered all over their newsfeeds. Instead, Facebook users expect to see authentic content; information that is genuine, useful and relevant to them. So, the key is to share content without being over promotional. Subtlety is recommended. One of the most effective methods of creating content on Facebook is to refer to the Pareto principle, which states that 80% of your content should be useful and shareable. The rest 20% should focus on promoting the brand and selling products or services. For the 80%, you need to create original content that could provide value to the audience. This include sharing how-to guides, opinion pieces, infographics, memes, tutorials and blog articles. Also, you can share content posted by influencers, or, the simplest of all, you can even ask a question relevant to the audience to start a conversation. The remaining 20% of the content needs to focus on promoting the brand and the products, but this does not mean you do not have to provide useful content. You can provide value to your audience by announcing special offers, promotional discounts or bundles. Don’t forget to include a strong call to action to generate leads.
Also Read: 6 Reasons to Use Facebook For Marketing
Not Dealing with Negative Feedback
Regardless of the industry that your brand belongs to and how good of a work you do, you will sometimes receive negative feedback on Facebook. While it is easier for larger brands to get carried away because a few bad comments cannot harm their reputation, it is the smaller brands that need to address the negative comments properly. Whenever you receive a bad review, there are three ways to deal with it:
- The easiest way is to ignore the bad comments and not respond to them. But this is bad for your brand reputation.
- The second way is to get rid of the negative feedback by deleting all complaints. This may not significantly affect your reputation but will frustrate the users even more and they might vent their feelings on other platforms.
- The best way is to address the negative comments by responding to them with helpful replies. You should admit your mistakes and apologize for the inconvenience caused. This will not only win you back a customer but will also improve your reputation, considering how good you are at dealing with the complaints.
Targeting the Wrong Audience
Before you start marketing on Facebook, it is essential to do a proper business market research to find out who your audience and what pain points can you solve for them. The platform offers excellent targeting options. If you already have a list of your prospects’ emails, you can upload it and target them on Facebook. In addition to this, it is possible to build a lookalike audience to target users who have the same behaviors and interests as your existing customers. Facebook also allows to set up certain filters and target people based on their age, location, annual income etc. With proper knowledge of your potential customers, you can share your posts with only those users who are willing to purchase your products.
Due to Facebook’s new algorithm, the pages have seen a great decline in their organic reach. It has become challenging for brands to reach their followers without going for paid ads. Hence, pages need to share content consistently to keep the followers engaged. If you are one of those brands that publish a Facebook post after every ten days, then this indicates that your followers are not valuable to you. To keep your followers engaged and make your that your content reaches a majority of these followers, you should consistently share posts.